I totally think Apple Cider Vinegar a.k.a ACV (the Raw – unfiltered kind) is the Cure for everything (or at least a bunch of things). On Friday I had the starting of a sore throat. I read on this blog I follow Little Home in the Country that at the first sign of a sore throat –> Take 2 tbsp of ACV in 4oz of water and chug it. Do this every 30 mins until symptoms are gone. I did this 3 times (the 3rd just to be safe!) viola sore throat gone.
I am researching other aspect of it to see what it can help with.
Ok guys! I found nirvana!
Ok as close to it as I possible can that is for sure.
I was browsing my Facebook feed and this microwave Peanut Butter Fudge recipe kept popping up… I LOVE PB! The recipe however wouldn’t have loved me .. it included half and half along with a pound of butter and a cup of sugar. “AVOID” was stamped on it. This got me thinking there must be someone out their that has made a healthier version something to curb my sweet tooth – GOOGLE here I come. Then I found it hidden amongst all the links. Quick Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge on the Detoxinista.com web page.
The picture had me. I ran home and tried it but discovered I didn’t quite have the right ingredients. So I improvised just a tad – with Jiff Naturals and Coconut Butter / Coconut Oil mix.
So check out the original recipe and the yummy photo…
this is my spin on the original recipe Quick Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge by the Detoxinista.com – I did (doubled the recipe)
Takes about 5 minutes to make once you have everything assembled.
- 1 cup peanut butter – I used Jiffy Naturals
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- 1 used Artisana Coconut Butter (Soften) – about 1.2 oz
- 2 tablespoon raw honey – I used Dark
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt – I used Celtic Sea Salt – I am thinking I could have used a little more
How to make it
- Mix everything together making sure that the coconut oil and butter mix until smooth. I put the glass bowl I was making it in over a pain of hot water to make sure everything incorporated. A microwave would work but I don’t own one.
- Pour on to parchment paper in a container – You want the “fudge to be about 1/2 of inch or so. I poured mine on to a small dinner plate that has a little bit of a well.
- Put this in the freezer until it firms up – about 15-30 minutes. It will depend on your freezer and thickness of the fudge in your container.
- Once it’s firm enjoy – the fudge like quality is obtain when the oil/butter freezes… so EAT it right out the freezer!
- If you have some left remember to store in the freezer.
ENJOY! I promise to take a picture next time. I also plan to experiment by adding some crunch. If you like dark chocolate I image you can add a layer of it to the top and have some very awesome Paleo Peanut Butter Cups… but I am chocolate free at least until 4/10/14!
It’s been 9 days on Medifast. It has been a hard journey for me (Marco). The food is OK — nothing to run out and get to be honest but it’s doable (avoid the Mac&Cheese at all cost). I lost 6.4 pounds in these last 9 days. I am excited about that.
My problem is that I don’t know if it’s giving me enough calories to basically function. I was doing fine while I was at work – just sitting there working at my desk. I would come home for my Lean and Green meal. No problem. My BS #’s seem steady and slowly lowering but overall I was OK. My problem started on the weekend!!!! I was not stationary. I was not immobile. I was up. I was out. I was doing things. I walk walking around. I felt like crude. I looked like a ghost and the people I was with were concerned. Yes I was eating all my food. I was drinking all my water. I WASN’T HUNGRY. I just felt like my limbs were jello and my mind was in a fog.
I just barely made it through the weekend. Monday came and I was OK again — I’ve contacted my Coach and she suggested more protein and veggies and another shake. (Not sure I want the other shake but I am ok with adding some protein and veggies at lunch. I tried this on Tuesday and Wednesday… I seem to have more energy but I only lost 0.4 pounds – that doesn’t really make me happy. I know a lost is a lost but I can still be unhappy at the speed.
Yesterday I had a dinner at PF Chang… I am not worrying about what I ate. I was smart – no rice just the meat with veggies. Lettuce Wraps were the bomb. I started Medifast on plan again today. My goal is to follow it 100% M-F and on the weekends incorporate a protein into breakfast or lunch. Hopefully by doing that I will have more energy to get me through.
Still 6.4 in 9 days….only 30 more to go!
Ok we have begun for the next 3 months — in a monthly increment we are going to do Medifast.