Ok guys! I found nirvana!
Ok as close to it as I possible can that is for sure.
I was browsing my Facebook feed and this microwave Peanut Butter Fudge recipe kept popping up… I LOVE PB! The recipe however wouldn’t have loved me .. it included half and half along with a pound of butter and a cup of sugar. “AVOID” was stamped on it. This got me thinking there must be someone out their that has made a healthier version something to curb my sweet tooth – GOOGLE here I come. Then I found it hidden amongst all the links. Quick Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge on the Detoxinista.com web page.
The picture had me. I ran home and tried it but discovered I didn’t quite have the right ingredients. So I improvised just a tad – with Jiff Naturals and Coconut Butter / Coconut Oil mix.
So check out the original recipe and the yummy photo…
this is my spin on the original recipe Quick Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge by the Detoxinista.com – I did (doubled the recipe)
- 1 cup peanut butter – I used Jiffy Naturals
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- 1 used Artisana Coconut Butter (Soften) – about 1.2 oz
- 2 tablespoon raw honey – I used Dark
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt – I used Celtic Sea Salt – I am thinking I could have used a little more
- Mix everything together making sure that the coconut oil and butter mix until smooth. I put the glass bowl I was making it in over a pain of hot water to make sure everything incorporated. A microwave would work but I don’t own one.
- Pour on to parchment paper in a container – You want the “fudge to be about 1/2 of inch or so. I poured mine on to a small dinner plate that has a little bit of a well.
- Put this in the freezer until it firms up – about 15-30 minutes. It will depend on your freezer and thickness of the fudge in your container.
- Once it’s firm enjoy – the fudge like quality is obtain when the oil/butter freezes… so EAT it right out the freezer!
- If you have some left remember to store in the freezer.